- 2 1/2 lbs mixed tomatoes, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 tsps Kosher salt, plus more for seasoning
- 3/4 lb rustic sourdough bread loaf, cut into 1
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tbsp olive oild, divided
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsps red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup basil leaves, cut into ribbons
Put cut tomatoes in a colander (with a bowl underneath to retain liquid) and toss with Kosher salt. Set aside, tossing occasionally to drain.
In a separate bowl, toss bread cubes with 2 tbsp olive oil, then place on baking sheet. Bake at 350°F until firm, but not browned (about 10 minutes). Remove from oven to cool.
In bowl with drained tomato juices, add shallot, garlic, Dijon mustard and vinegar. Whisk constantly while drizzling in ½ cup of olive oil to make dressing. Salt and pepper to taste.
Toss toasted bread cubes, tomatoes, and basil ribbons with dressing. Serve at room temperature with Anaba Pinot Noir.
Stay in Touch
Sign up here to receive the latest news, information on new releases, as well as special offers just for those on our list.